Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Awesome landlord.....

So, I dont know if I mentioned that my landlord is awesome lately. I hear music as I'm leaving the apartment last night, and figure there is a private party going on, as he seems to do those a lot. He shouts for me to come over, and says 'Czech country music' (he doesn't speak much English). So I sit and watch for a while, thn he drags me over to the bar to get me pear schnapps and, as he likes to put it, #1 quality wine in all of Czech Republic.

Alcoholic landlord who refuses money for booze, apartment one of the oldest (I'm told by the director of the program) buildings in Prague, in a very historic district, and for $30 less a month than everyone else :)

6 comments:

Sarah Ann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
uncle pug said...

i want a fried cheese sandwich.... uncle pug

Unknown said...

Lots and lots of snow here.... probably 8 inches with more to come. What is your weather like??...

Sarah Ann said...

You missed a fun all nighter! Carnival just isn't the same without you here :) Looking forward to talking to you tomorrow :)
<3

Jeff Novak said...

I've been walking around in a T-Shirt, although some people think I am crazy. It's been in the 50's and sunny for the past few days, but it looks like it is going to back to being cold in the next few days.

Sarah Ann said...

I got my itinerary for the Chicago visit...check out my blog! I can't wait!!!!

Miss you babe :)